Wednesday 13 July 2011

Negativity = bad


So I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. I don’t really want to go in to it. Let’s just say, it’s something I feel now and again when I am somehow evaluating my whole life and situation in a matter of minutes. I advise that this is something nobody should do. It is not good, and leads to stupid, irrational thoughts.  I’m trying to do this new thing where I don’t moan about the slightest of mood changes and make a mountain out of a mole hill.  When I used to do this, one day I would be “oh, woe is me, the world is over and I hate my life and everything is just aaawwwful” and then the next day I would realise I was being so pathetically over the top and petty, that I would feel stupid about my feelings the day before! So, from now on, I have refrained from updating my facebook status to “life sucks” or “same shit, different day”; I have stopped moaning to others about it, and, more importantly, I have stopped taking it out on my fiancé, even sometimes blaming him for my “mood swings!”  So this is as far as my “heavy heartedness” will publicly go. The rest will be written down in my notebook, because, as you all know, keeping feelings bottled up is not good!
Aaaanyway, I have started the gym. I haven’t joined it just yet; I am using a free 5 day guest pass that voucher codes kindly offered. I must say, I think I have found a new hobby! I love it! I love going to the gym, and working out, knowing that it will pay off in the long run. Knowing that what I am doing is good for me, and boy, does it feel good! As well as all the obvious health benefits, (reduce risk of obesity, illness, diseases, maintains bones, muscles and joints) it also promotes Psychological Wellbeing. Which I did not actually know! Apparently, “regular physical activity can improve your mood and the way you feel about yourself. Researchers also have found that exercise is likely to reduce depression and anxiety and help you to better manage stress”. I actually found this to be true. After I’ve been to the gym, I feel so much better about me and everything! And that’s only an hour and half! I can only stay there for that long because I haven’t got member parking yet. But when I do, I could spend a whole evening there! Gavin probably won’t see me for most evenings! I can’t wait to get my stamina up and run on the running machines for 30mins and go on the cross trainer for 20, and cycle for 15! I will keep you posted with my progress! I am going tonight, can’t wait!

No comments: