Wednesday 20 July 2011

Long time....


It’s been a while since I have blogged. There are no excuses. Well, there are a few...such as being very busy at work, and very tired when I get home from work, and seeing my fiancé.
I still have to put photos up from the Foo Fighters gig, I know. I am terrible!
Just going back to the whole “woe is me” and the moon is to blame saga...I am feeling better. I am myself again. I am actually convinced it was the moon, as there was no other possible reason –none what so ever. It was very unusual of me to be so paranoid and silly, and then cry for 2 hours non-stop. All is well, and loving and lovely; I now know that perceptions, if influenced by anything, such as alcohol, hormones or the moon, could well be wrong.
I went to Jade’s last night, and we had a nice girly night in and a delish Indian takeaway. It was well needed, and we talked nonstop for hours. I love nights like that. I think we all need those nights where we get together with a friend or two, and just talk about everything and anything. It feels so good and makes you (well me at least) very loved! It’s a shame we don’t get to do it more often, but life just gets in the way. But it goes to show that you know who real friends are, when you don’t see each other properly for a while; you can still pick up where you left off.
It got me thinking about the whole friends’ thing. I have very few close friends, and I was fortunate to meet them at my first temporary job at Zavvi music shop (when it was around!) about 3 years ago. We have been friends ever since. They are older than me, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that we don’t do what friends “normally” do at my age. We just don’t do it as often; i.e. the whole going out to clubs scene. They have real commitments. But I am ok with that. I am over the whole going out thing anyway. It’s nice now and again, but not every week, as I know some people do!
I’ve never really had a huge group of friends. I didn’t move away to uni because of my other half, so I didn’t get to make the kind of long lasting relationships that most people do when they move away. Even from school, my best friend decided to “ditch” me (for lack of a better, more grown up word) when I started going out with Gavin. The last time we really ever spoke was our Year 11 prom. And that was it. I never saw her or spoke to her again. So any girl friends I had at school did not stay. And as I read on someone else’s blog, I doubt that American sitcoms such as “Friends” and “Sex and the City” are actually based wholly on real life. It must be very loose.
But I am ok with who I have. I always felt that few but close friends is always the best, as you can spend a lot of time and effort with them. I love my friends. And I wouldn’t change my situation with them for anything. They have been there for me when I needed them, and I will be there for them when they need me. I’m hoping that these friends will be my friends for life, like so many people need.

No comments: