Wednesday 19 October 2011

Inheritance Tracks


My friend needed help a few days ago with his project called “Inheritance Tracks" (or something along those lines!) Find him at his blog here http://adamjohnson128.blogspot.com/.
The project involves simply putting forward two songs: one that was passed down to you from your parents (or one that distinctly holds memories of your childhood) and one that you would like to pass down to your children if or when you have any.
The song that my dad passed to me is Genesis’ Home by the Sea. When I was younger and still had Sunday dinner with my family, Genesis was often played as background music, and Home by the Sea is a distinctive song that sticks out in my memories. I too now share this love for Genesis and Home by the Sea means a lot to me. Every time I hear it, it takes me back to my younger days, when life wasn’t such a rat race! 


The song I would like to pass down to my children is Everlong by the Foo Fighters. This song means a lot to me and my relationship, and I love the lyrics and the pace of the song. It can mean so much, and be interpreted in so many different ways, that I would like my children (should I have any) to listen to it, and get that “I have waited hear for you, everlong”. I want them to hear it and remember happy times that we may have together as a family, and know that “mummy and daddy love each other so much”. 


I now ask you, few (or many) lovely readers of my blog, to do the same. I would love to know the songs that you all choose! Either write a blog post and link to my blog, or simply comment, and I’ll add it to a blog post later on today =]

Looking forward to reading your replies! (I hope I have some!)

No comments: