Wednesday 5 October 2011

Day Zero Project: #23 and #49

#23 - Write a list of things that each person in my life has taught me:

Jade – One of my best friends. She has been through a lot, and is so positive still. She has taught me so much, some of which has slowly sunk in and I am starting to follow myself. Some of things that she’s taught me are to be strong in arguments, to stand up for myself, to go for it, to just keep going, even when life gets tough.

Kate – I recently found out that she has also been through a lot in her life, and she is still one of the most positive people I know.  No matter what life throws at her, she doesn’t seem to let it get her down. I admire that so much, I wish I could have her sort of “blasé” way of things, and her optimistic outlook.
 
Gavin – my fiancé. He has simply taught me to be patient and how not to be selfish. Not that I follow that lesson often, but I do in a growing number of situations.

My Aunty Jan – she lives in Canada, and I love how she spoke to me over the phone for about 45 minutes one day, telling me that my degree was a waste of time, it was no good, and to apply for jobs that are not the jobs I would necessarily apply for. Throughout my life, she has been so relaxed about life, and just takes things as they come. I wish I could be like that, and I think as I am getting older and more independent, I am starting to, tiny bit by tiny bit, adopt her lifestyle. But it’s a constant battle with my mum, as being her sister, I am constantly told the opposite, and to follow my mum’s way of life.  The main thing my Aunt has taught me is to not worry about things. 

#49 - Learn how to say "I love you" in 5 different languages:




I learnt Spanish in school, and I know that it is: “Te Quiero”
French: “Ja’ dore”
Italian:  “Ti Amo”
Welsh:  dy garu di”
Afrikaans: “lief vir jou”


No comments: