Wednesday 13 April 2011

The perks of work...

I haven't been on here for a while, so I thought I'd catch up. I have finished another page in my art book/journal thing (I don't know what it is, I don't really write in it, I just draw/paint the general mood I'm in) and I have started another. I seem to be on a roll! Again, they are nothing amazing to look at, but I like them so there! Will be posting pics up, promise! 
I am tired today, I helped out at an event at my work. Paul Reed Smith (as in PRS Guitars) and his band came to our branch in Romford and played a few sets. It was really good. It's crazy how much those guitars are woth! I touched a £10,000 guitar! I just don't understand how they value those things! They are pretty, but it was the pretty dull ones that were worth more?! 
I wasn't going to help out, after I was told I wasn't getting paid for it, but, I had nothing better to do really! And it might come in useful as a conversation piece one day! 
I've been slightly inspired as to what direction I want to take my career in now. I'm thinking, maybe I could get a job within a music company, like Universal or Sony. Just an admin job or something. I'm thinking I like the little perks of working within the music industry! Plus, it will help out my little brother who is a drummer! 
So I think my next art journal entry will be inspired by music!
Watch this space, things will fill up soon! 

No comments: